Followers

PER MARE PER TERRAM

Chant du monde boréal
Shoormal.
Sandshifter, 60N.
Where it all makes sense.


CHRONICLES FROM ARCANIA

Preamble

Through Chronicles from Arcania, I shall attempt to share walks with you, this poetics from 60N, where I feel at one with our Earth, my sense of place so maritime.


Tuesday 8 December 2009

My connections with the ocean...






A tale of two harbours, norman and shetlandic.

When I am asked, "are you going home for Christmas?" - I smile.
I am home, it is where my heart beats....

Norman, Shetland, it is quite explicit: nor... norse....north.

I once shared a first poem entitled Confession to a Foreigner with Colin Will [Calder Wood Press, Poetry Scotland]who posted it on the Open Mouse.
In this poem, I notably underline the lack of choice for a passport.

And when I face the Atlantic, I know "I'm home".

To some extend, I celebrate my ancestors.

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully composed images, Nat, and those skies! You have found your true home and are still connected to your other one.
    Atlantic greetings from a North man.

    ReplyDelete