December, month of mirror.
2009 has been fruitful, exciting and productive on da Auld Rock.
* Feb.: Poetry Nights at the Shetland Library, Lerwick - with Poet Partner Jen Hadfield, Open Mic' and guest reading at James Robertson's & Gordon Dargie's double book launch. Great nights!
* May: Guest reading at Marsali Taylor's book launch, Shetland Library, Lerwick. Moving.
* Spring: Verse, Lady Mist published on PoetryScotland's website and Da Hansel, published in the New Shetlander's Simmer Issue. Pleasure :)
* July: Involvement with Donna Heddle & R. Alan Jamieson from UHI's Centre for Nordic Studies -
*Aug.: Creative Connections [aka Shetland Fiddle Frenzy], Lerwick.
As a participant to Jen Hadfield's creative writing summer school & reading at The Garrison Theatre. "Fun & immensely productive!"
With special thanks to Davy Cooper for the shots! :))
* Oct.: Contributing to Shetland ForWird's effort to promote the dialect through the Phrasebook Project (ongoing). My niche: birds & wild flowers. We hope the phrasebook to be ready for 2011, Shetland's Year of Culture. Exciting.
*Nov.: Creative writing & publishing workshops with Poet-Publisher-Editor of Markings John Hudson. Public Reading at Islesburgh, Lerwick. Month of creative madness & great fun.
*Nov.- early Dec.: (cont.) Involvement with Poemata, December Issue by assisting Donna Allard, Magazine Editor, with submission reading. Learning curve.
The December Issue is about to go live/to press...
And still working on manuscript. 2009 has been a good year :).