Followers

PER MARE PER TERRAM

Chant du monde boréal
Shoormal.
Sandshifter, 60N.
Where it all makes sense.


CHRONICLES FROM ARCANIA

Preamble

Through Chronicles from Arcania, I shall attempt to share walks with you, this poetics from 60N, where I feel at one with our Earth, my sense of place so maritime.


Sunday 21 November 2010

the great slide towards the winter solstice

in between Samhain and Yule

Hello, dear Beaver Moon.
I love that name from the Native American world.
Four weeks away from the longest night in our Northern Hemisphere...
I have just added an application on my iPod - Perpetuum, a "revolutionary lunar calendar"... It gives you our satellite's phase in comparison to the solar position in between equinox and solstice.
I often consult my dear friend as we are sliding to the latter at great speed. According to the (British) Met Office, days shrink like lambswool soaked in the wrong temperature... Between two and three minutes respectively in the morning and afternoon each day. Sunsets become increasingly precocious, whereas sunrises, increasingly lazy. 

However, that light in between autumn and winter never ceases to amaze me.
Light in riddles, morning, afternoon and sunset...
And back to dusk before you even know it!
Each moment celebrated in a form of poetry I am learning to love... 

Haiku

Morning ravens,
jet slitaire wings on tarmac -
tearing flesh.

Riddle of dusk -
3.30 sun erased and burnt -
munched away by the Beaver Moon.

Riddle of night,
switch off the stars and shameless Moon -
the photographer's darkest room.


My shore turns blue as night advances towards Yule. Even each tide seems to take time to turn around... I sometimes feel strapped to that ride called Oblivion.


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed the words and photos in this post, culminating in the haiku. I feel there is a sequence waiting to be written about 'riddle'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you kindly, dear Mason :-)
    Yes, you are mega-right, my friend and it is coming your way very soon!
    So much has happened within a week...
    Blisssins fae 60N

    ReplyDelete