Followers

PER MARE PER TERRAM

Chant du monde boréal
Shoormal.
Sandshifter, 60N.
Where it all makes sense.


CHRONICLES FROM ARCANIA

Preamble

Through Chronicles from Arcania, I shall attempt to share walks with you, this poetics from 60N, where I feel at one with our Earth, my sense of place so maritime.


Monday 9 August 2010

Scalloway

for A

So many cobbles and boulders.

Let me redraw  each contour line;
Blacksness, castle,
they say mortar that binds all stones is mixed
with blood -

and when I look at each slipway,
I remember a prince's wish
to anchor boats
deep in your bay

and add colours to your skyline.

Now let me whisper to the maas -
their  reflections really fly high;


and wherever the wind may turn,


there is a home for every boat,
resting poppies on memorials,
restless ripples
closing on
us


as mist moves in,

shadows belong to the gallows...

I never knew tears in your eyes
but when I look back to the hill I feel your world


and want to step back to your door,
where that peerie dog and stoneman
always welcome you 
without frown...


We both stood by that silver boat,
there's an angel in the harbour.




Poet's note: 
the maas = gulls


© Nat Hall 2010



2 comments:

  1. Hello Nat, I like the history woven into this work, even though I don't know the story. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete