Followers

PER MARE PER TERRAM

Chant du monde boréal
Shoormal.
Sandshifter, 60N.
Where it all makes sense.


CHRONICLES FROM ARCANIA

Preamble

Through Chronicles from Arcania, I shall attempt to share walks with you, this poetics from 60N, where I feel at one with our Earth, my sense of place so maritime.


Monday 17 May 2010

pushing out the boat

we, the children of fishermen

Miles away from the word festival at Aberdeen University, I pushed the boat in Shetland blue. 
North East Scotland's  anthology of new writing, foreworded by Shetland poetess Christine De Luca, was launched today in the granite city. Thank you to the editorial team for including Stormday.
Pushing Out The Boat
Today,  anything but a stormday.

In the grandeur of 60N,  I hopped on islands like a child and let the light fill my heart. This Sunday was tainted in hues that are synonym with summer... So I watched my world through the lens. And when I seek either solace or redemption, I always end up at Ninian.

I love this sandbridge in late afternoon. I'm usually alone with birds and diamond sea...  Summer has reached north atlantic, as three surfers ventured inside turquoise waters before tea time.
There at low tide, sand was littered with sugar kelp. So I went closer to the rocks and felt the power of our world - the mechanics of the cosmos, as water filled sandy channels, every cubic inch of rockpool...

And followed tracks across the sand, the many grains of wilderness.

One final thought on that new day, 
(Monday) 17 May.
For the very first time in 26 years, I will look at it without fear and will celebrate in Lerwick Norway's Constitution Day with my buddies from either side of the northworld :)
Norwegian Constitution Day




No comments:

Post a Comment