Followers

PER MARE PER TERRAM

Chant du monde boréal
Shoormal.
Sandshifter, 60N.
Where it all makes sense.


CHRONICLES FROM ARCANIA

Preamble

Through Chronicles from Arcania, I shall attempt to share walks with you, this poetics from 60N, where I feel at one with our Earth, my sense of place so maritime.


Sunday 18 April 2010

waxing crescent

well spent day

I am beginning to wind down. Outside, the Moon is waxing once again... The night is crisp and beautiful. Wir "Shetland hut" is tidy again... Have lit candles for my angels on either world and asked Uriel to appease that Icelandic ring of fire, poisoning of water sources for the sake of all Icelanders.
 My little African sister is stranded somewhere in France... She among thousands of others, caught in the power of earth dust that grinds jet engines to a halt.  What angers me is the fact the media highlight the event - they seem to focus on airlines' daily losses instead of folk's daily challenge. And so little on the people directly hit... There's something "wrong with the system". What if the eruption lasted a month or a year? Would it signal the end of the artificial world, as bankers, shareholders and politicians know it?

From the window on this outpost

The world looks and tastes so different. Every single rock's a diamond - every beam of light, a blessing. Today the sky belonged to birds, flies, bumblebees, instead of helicopters and FlyB. And we have boats  to move about... Humanity is resilient. In the face of "natural disasters",  we do believe in miracles.
Mind you, earthly hiccups only become disasters when certain mankind's (profit's) affected... It's a matter of semantics. ...What with those Icelandic bankers?

Look at the light, all the time it's a changing
Look at the light, climbing up the aerial
Bright, white coming alive jumping off the aerial
All the time it's a changing, like now…
All the time it's a changing, like then again…
All the time it's a changing
And all the dreamers are waking.

That last verse from Kate's track entitled Nocturn resonates deeply in my heart. It reads and sounds like a wake-up call... I think Kenneth White would love Kate's world, for both celebrate it in their respective way.

Let's now play back the Waterboys!

There's so much more than that  wonder hit about the moon. Mr Scott's a troubadour with heart and feet firmly anchored in the beauty of our dear world. 


"What is between the star and the sea? ...What is between the bird and me? 
Only a star, only the sea"

And finish off with Björk herself.

Earth Intruders, Wanderlust... And will refer you to one place.

That's when geopoetics speaks so loud ;)

4 comments:

  1. Nat, you are so right about the media message. I was so elated that the Mother had stalled our busyness - in my last comment. And I read this and realise, from Australia, where all I hear and see is airports and cranky people, that this volcano is affecting your land in other, more direct, ways.

    Krakatoa (not sure of the spelling) affected so many peoples a century or so, and the sunsets were recorded in now famous novels. Stay with your beautiful descriptions of this auspicious time. They are precious. Print them out too (for prosterity).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Sarah, thank you for your message and thoughts on the subject. So, you too hear simiular echoes from Australia. Fascinating.

    I too had Krakatoa in mind at the tiume of writing, as well as a few others, including Montagne Pelée and Pinatubo.

    This feeling is very vibrant.
    ...As if humanity was less important than money.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sept. 11, 2001 although tragic and a watershed moment for air traffic..changing forever the way we traveled about our tiny planet so freely...I sat in my backyard not seeing a plane or helicopter in the sky for what? a whole week?..no contrails against the blue, no hurry up and get there..we lived, it is as if the earth slowed down and we saw the sky as it had been in our ancestors days..I took my watch off and have never put it back on...If I was stranded in Europe I would be hit financially as I would have to find lodging but think of the slower pace of travel..I could take to the road as a pilgrim..maybe a voice is saying..slow down, travel slowly and savor the moment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, How can we not forget such moment, Kay... And how I agree with you about the way air travel changed. And yes, I utterly agree with you about that notion of "slow down, savour the moment" - how true, my friend! If air travel has brought the world closer together, it too has its drawbacks... Criss-crossed, slashed sky, no longer the monopoly of natural wings! Thank goodness, here, our airspace is much quieter than south. Our skies belong a bit more to our avian kingdom & bumblebees... Nothing like Gatwick or Heathrow. Heavens above!

    ReplyDelete